Markham Chinese Baptist Church
(May 30, 2021)
Starting from June 3, 2021, the church admin office will reopen during regular operation hours: Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM.
All doors of the church building will stay locked. Brothers and sisters can ring the doorbell at the west or north side entrance to access the building and drop off offerings into the offering box.
For any other business, please contact the office in advance for arrangement. Please be reminded that mask wearing is mandatory inside the church building at all times (face shield is not a substitute for wearing a face mask or covering).
Sunday Service Broadcast
Sunday Service will commence broadcasting at the designated times for all brothers and sisters to worship together. Broadcast links will be available by clicking on the buttons of the specific worship services on mcbc.com, videos will remain available for replay. Sermon audio recordings will also be available for review under Sunday Sermons of individual divisions’ web pages. Live streaming of the English worship service will be available at mcbc.com/en. The weekly bulletin can also be downloaded at mcbc.com/en/bulletin.
- Cantonese Morning Worship Service 8:00 AM (live); (re-broadcasting available)
- English Worship Service 9:30 AM (live); (re-broadcasting available)
- Mandarin Worship Service 9:30 AM (live); (re-broadcasting available)
- Cantonese Noon Worship Service 11:15 AM (re-broadcasting)
Methods of Offering
Offering is a Christian’s responsibility. We are able to continue serving you and serving our community through your generosity. Brothers and sisters can offer via:
- PayPal Giving Fund program
- Mailing in cheques to the church office (Please do not send cash)
- Church Drop-Off
- instructions can be found here
Pastoral Caring and Shepherding
While all on-site gatherings are suspended during this period where all of us are engaged in combating the pandemic, pastoral shepherding continues. Brothers and sisters, if you have any caring needs and/or prayer requests, feel free to contact any of our pastors in their respective divisions. We will do our best to render as much assistance and support we can.
The church would also like to recommend the following for your family’s safety and well-being:
- If you or a family member exhibit any symptoms (cold, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.), please contact your family physician immediately, or call Telehealth Ontario Hotline at 1-866-797-0000.
- If you or a family member have just returned from outside of Canada, or if you have out-of- country family, friends, or relatives, who have recently arrived to Canada, with you, please stay with your loved ones at home, and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Please cancel all non-essential travel outside of Canada.
- Please regularly use water and soap or hand sanitizer with a high alcohol level to sanitize your hands.
- When coughing or sneezing, please cover your mouth and nose with your arm. Wear a mask if necessary.
- Smile, nod, or wave to greet one another; refrain from shaking hands.
- Earnestly pray for the Lord’s mercy that the spread of the disease will be controlled; may the Lord heal the afflicted to have a full recovery, and may the Lord help those in times of trouble to overcome.
(These preventative measures are subject to change as the Canadian Government updates their recommendations. Please refer to the church’s websites for the latest updates.)