The Gospel (Good News) is that Jesus is our Saving King and Lord!
In the beginning, God created the heavens, the earth, and life on earth to exist in perfect harmony. Humans were the created in the image of God and were given God’s blessing, a cosmic-partnership between God and mankind, to co-rule over the earth.
Sin is the failure or refusal of human beings to live the life intended for them by God their creator; the human condition expressed as the denial of God’s goodness by hardness of heart and idolatry leading to committing acts that defies God’s nature and His eternal law.
Sin entered the world through human disobedience, because we sought autonomy from God (Adam and Eve). Henceforth, all who are born live in defiance against God and his original design for creation.
The Effects of Sin
Human sin broke the cosmic partnership between humans and God, and brought about our estrangement from God(1), the necessity of death(2), and a corruption of the human heart(3). As a result, we were driven away from God(4) and this broke God’s heart(5). In spite of this, God ultimately still loves us and wants us to be His people(6)
1. (Genesis 3:9-13)
2. (Romans 3:23)
3. (Jeremiah 17:9)
4. (Genesis 3:22-24)
5. (Romans 1:21-30)
6. (Hosea 11:7-9)
The Cycle of Sin
God chose the nation of Israel to build a God-on-earth community that would reflect His goodness and sovereign power. However, Israel continually sought after earthly kings and earthly treasures, and this eventually led to their destruction(1).
This pattern of destruction reflects our inability as humans to overcome sin and death by ourselves. Instead of seeking goodness and purity, we continually fall into corruption and evil. We have become a society that is plagued with greed, selfishness and injustice(2).
But God, through His prophets, prophesied that a Saviour would one day come from the line of King David to restore the relationship between God and humans(3).
1. (Genesis 12, 1 Samuel 7)
2. (Isaiah 10:1-4)
3. (Isaiah 9:6-7)
God sent his son Jesus, who came to earth as fully God and fully human. Jesus lived a perfect life, a life without sin, to set an example for all of humanity. Even though Jesus was sinless, he still took on and died for our sins on the cross(1). He was buried, raised, witnessed(2), and enthroned as King at the right hand of God the Father(3). Death was defeated and sin no longer had dominion over us(4).
A way was made for humanity to become restored with God! Salvation is a free gift from God to those who repent of their sin and put their trust in Jesus as Lord and Saviour(5).
1. (Romans 5:6-12, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 2:14),
2. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
3. (Philippians 2:9-11)
4. (Romans 5:1-12)
5. (Romans 10:10)
What Is Your Reponse?
- Do you acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of God’s forgiveness?
- Do you believe Jesus is your Saviour, the one who died for your sins and defeated death by being raised from the dead?
- Do you believe that Jesus is forming a new people for himself as the church?
- Do you believe that God will one day redeem all of creation?
If you want to accept or have accepted Christ as your saviour, please contact one of our pastors!
We would love to pray for you and encourage you for taking this exciting first step in becoming a follower of Jesus.
Or, if you have any questions about Christianity, feel free to contact any of our pastors!
Read the Bible daily. The Bible is God's word for all of humanity. Don't know where to start? We recommend reading one of the Gospels first (i.e. Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to anyone on our staff!
Pray regularly. God wants to have a personal relationship with you. Praying is one of the ways we are able to have conversations with Him, share our joys and thanksgivings, praise Him for who he is and what he has done in our lives, confess our sins, and intercede for others and for ourselves.
Worship God daily, in all that you think and do. We also invite you to join us on Sundays at 9:30 AM for a time of worship with fellow believers; to praise God through songs, prayer, preaching of the gospel message, and respond in giving.
Take the next step and get plugged in at MCBC! We encourage you to join a small group or fellowship, and find a community of fellow believers that will be there to support you as you grow in your love for God and others.
Give back to church ministries and to others around you. May your priorities continue to shift towards God's priorities as you grow in your faith.
Continue to share the gospel message and your story of how you became a Christian to your friends, family, and all those around you!
“19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
1. Outward Reflection: Baptism is the outer profession of the inner transformation that has happened when Jesus saves your and has become your King (Lord) and Saviour through your faith (trust, allegiance) in Him. Baptism is to follow Christ’s example, as He commands it, in order to demonstrate that we are Christian. (Mark 1:9, Matthew 28:19-20,1 John 2:3)
2. Illustration: Baptism illustrates Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. Following His example demonstrates our new life as a Christian. (Colossians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 6:4)
3. Declaration: Baptism is a declaration that we belong to our LORD Jesus Christ, and I am part of the Church. (Galatians 3:27; 1 Corinthians 12:13)
4. Immersion: Baptism is by immersion. Christ was baptized by immersion. Every baptism in the Bible was by immersion. The Greek Word “Baptize” means to dip under water. (Matthew 3:16, Acts 8:38-39)
5. Believer’s Baptism: At MCBC, baptism is administered once a child matures and believe by faith and understand the meaning of baptism. Only those baptized can be members.
Upcoming Baptism Class
Saturday, June 5, 2-2021 | 10:00 AM
We're excited that you are interested in taking your next step with the MCBC family!
By becoming a member at MCBC, you are committing yourself to live in accordance to the Bible, actively participate in MCBC services and ministries, and regularly tithe to support God's work.
Upcoming Membership Class
Saturday, July 3, 2021 | 10:00 AM